The conference will take place at Downing College, University of Cambridge. Cambridge is one of the most important and picturesque cities in East Anglia. It is the county town of Cambridgeshire and the seat of one of the oldest universities in the British Isles.
Downing College was founded in 1800 through a bequest made by Sir George Downing. The College’s beautiful neo-classical buildings are set in spacious and peaceful gardens in the centre of Cambridge.
On this page, you can find directions to Downing College, rail, bus and coach times, download a map and find links to further transport information.
FROM M11 JUNCTION 11 NORTHBOUND
- Exit M11 Junction 11 and turn right at the roundabout.
- Follow signs to Cambridge, go straight on for about 3 miles.
- At the 2 mini roundabouts go straight on at the first and turn right at the second.
- After 400 metres there is a large crossroads, on your right is a large church. Turn left at this junction into Regent St and continue for 300 metres – you will see Downing College located on the left-hand side.
FROM A14 HUNTINGDON SOUTHBOUND
- Take A1307 to Cambridge from the A14, signposted City Centre. After 1 mile you will arrive at traffic lights and a large junction.
- Go straight on, and down the hill to another crossroads and turn right (Ring Road).
- Bear left at the mini-roundabout, continuing along the Backs of the colleges.
- Go straight on at the lights and left at the next roundabout. Follow the road straight on.
- You will come to a mini roundabout, go left here, then immediately right at the second mini-roundabout.
- Turn left at the crossroads (there is a large church on your right) into Regent St and continue for 300 metres – you will see Downing College on the left-hand side.
FROM NORWICH A11/A14
- Exit A14 at Stow-cum-Quy and follow signs to Cambridge A1303 and at the roundabout take left-hand exit to Cambridge.
- Follow the road past the Cambridge Airport and continue straight on for 2 miles until Newmarket Road roundabout.
- Take the first exit into East Rd, and continue straight on until you get to a crossroads with a park in front of you and to your right. Go straight on at this junction.
- After 300 metres there is a large junction, on your left is a church. Turn right at this junction into Regent St, Downing College is on your left-hand side.
Downing College has limited on-site car parking.
However its location on Regent Street in the heart of Cambridge means that it is easy to reach by public transport – train or bus – or by one of the City’s Park & Ride services.
Cambridge is on the main lines from London King’s Cross and London Liverpool Street. Downing College is situated about ¾ mile from the Railway Station and is served by regular buses and taxis.
Cambridge’s main bus station, Drummer Street is only a 5 minute walk from Downing College.
PARK & RIDE
Cambridgeshire County Council operates 7 Park & Ride schemes with large car parks and regular bus services into the city.
The most convenient Park & Ride for Downing College is at Trumpington which stops outside John Lewis, just 5 minutes’ walk away.
Helpful links for information about getting around Cambridge: